Cosplay by day, party by night. We’re here to tell you where all the hottest parties are at!
If you’re headed to SDCC this year you may be as excited for the nightlife as you are for the con itself. Press coverage in the past guarantees that the party never stops in San Diego during Comic-Con so be ready for some late nights! If you have no idea where to start, never fear we’re here with your list of all the best parties to hit. We can also let you know if you’ll be able to gain entrance or if you’ll need a formal invitation. Sometimes just getting a glimpse of your favorite celebrity and trying to get a photo and an autograph is enough so you might want to chill outside all of the hottest parties to get your fix.
While some of the parties do require an invitation and a RSVP, there are parties that are for fans, press, and stars. Maybe you are lucky enough to get an invite to an A-list party, but if not that’s okay too! You can split from your group so you can hit all the hot spots. Even though the party scene is slightly smaller this year with parties like “Starz” and “The Walking Dead” pulling theirs from the line-up this year, there are still major events taking place. Hopefully, the party you’re looking to attend makes our list and if not let us know! If we’re missing a party, we definitely want to know!
From Buffy to EW, you can definitely find a place to party during SDCC 2017
Here’s our top ten list in no particular order, broken down by day, with a little bit of information to help you decide which party you should attend, or if maybe you should try and hit them all!
Thursday, July 20
- Fandom Party. 7-11pm. This party is an invitation, RSVP only party being held at the Hard Rock Hotel. While Big Boi is the featured entertainment, there will also be music by DJ provided.
- Fandango Kickoff Party. 7-11pm. Elle King, as well as, unannounced surprise guests are slated to perform at this invitation, RSVP only rooftop party at the Omnia hotel.
- Syfy Fan Party. 9pm-2am. This party is free and first come, first serve. It’s a party for fans! In addition to DJ sets, there will be a live show by the Spazmatics at the party being held at the New Children’s Museum.
- Wynonna Earp Party. 9-11pm. While this is an invitation, RSVP only party, fans can buy their way in! $250 will get you an invitation and if you have a lot of additional Comic Con cash saved you can have lunch with the cast for $750! The party is taking place between 5th and 6th Avenues in the Gaslamp district.
Friday, July 21
- MTV Fandom Fest. 7-11pm. This party at Petco Park is free and open to all SDCC badge holders but is first come, first served. There will be music, food, drinks, games, giveaways, and most of all FUN!
- Viceland Party. 9pm-1am. If you’re a James Van Der Beek fan this is the party for you! He’s hosting this invitation, RSVP only party at the Fluxx Nightclub on Fourth Ave. The event will feature Diplo-approved DJ’s and promises to be a lot of fun!
No matter your interest, there’s a party for you!
Saturday, July 22
- NBC’s Annual Party. 7pm-???. The cast of the Network’s new thriller Midnight Texas will be on hand for this invitation, RSVP only party at the Oxford Social Club. This show is getting a lot of hype so this party is likely to be a definite hot spot on Saturday!
- “Buffy the Vampire Slayer: 20 years of Slaying Fandom Party.” 6-9pm. It’s hard to believe that “Buffy” is 20 years old but it is and Comic-Con is ready to celebrate it! Fans that are interested in attending the party at the Sidebar register on the official ‘Buffy’ Facebook page here. There will not only be a cosplay contest but also a Fandom Feud Trivia Contest, Official Slayer Swag, and show themed signature Slayer drinks. If you are a “Buffy” fan we definitely recommend you check this one out!
- Red Wedding After Party. Any Game of Thrones Fans out there? This GOT themed dance party at the House of Blues officially celebrates the end of the San Diego Comic-Con. It is open to the public and sure to have cosplay, music, and a great time.
- Entertainment Weekly Closing Night Celebration. 9pm-???. If you are just cool with watching for your favorite celebs this may be the party to try and crash. This invitation, RSVP only, star-studded event at The Hard Rock Hotel on Fifth Ave is always where anyone who is anyone goes. If you want to get a picture from afar or if you’re comfortable asking for a selfie this would be the place you might spot them!
Geek out, buy exclusives, and party like the animal you are!
SDCC 2017 will be here before you know it and will go by just as fast. The best way to enjoy the Con is to make a plan before you head to San Diego and try to map out the exhibits and panels you want to hit as well as the parties. It’s also important to leave room for spontaneity. Who knows who you will meet along the way? There will be so many different and interesting people at the Con and follow our advice and introduce yourself! Chances are they may be going to the same places you are and if not they may have that party invite you’re dying for! Most of all, have fun! SDCC is a once in a lifetime event for some, and for those that go every year, it’s always different! Party hard and stay safe!