Race you to the Amazon Prime Video Experience this weekend at SDCC!
With just a few days until San Diego Comic-Con, we’re finalizing our schedules and feverishly making lists of supplies (ten different kinds of granola bars, obviously). There are so many things to see and do at con, how do you choose? We’ll make it easy for you: The Amazon Prime Video Experience.
We love the activations outside the convention. If you’ve never seen them, they’re interactive experiences that studios create to immerse fans in the world of their show or film. There are usually a way more than one person can do in four days so how do you choose? After last year’s Jack Ryan Fan Experience, we knew Amazon Prime Video was going to come through with the goods. And did they ever!
When you’ve got a giant tower full of screens it’s a safe bet to say that we’re in. According to Amazon, the LED screens will be playing scenes from The Boys, Carnival Row, and The Expanse, along with show-specific performances atop the tower which you can see them rehearsing above.
Amazon tells us more below:
Once inside, attendees will receive collectible gold and silver coins which they can use to further explore the
activation. Fans can begin their day covering up the crime scene of a superhero kidnapping at the Audio Visual shop where Hughie works on The Boys. On the opposite end of the space, a Rocinante spaceship is positioned that will take adventure-seekers on a United Nations peacekeeping mission to a newly colonized planet seen in The Expanse. Guests can also discover the Carnival Row universe in which humans and exotic creatures coexist before entering The Forbidden Lounge, a neo-Victorian decorated hideaway venue, to enjoy a special performance. Amazon Prime Video collaborated with LG within the series activations to provide a premiere viewing experience for attendees.
After exploring the shows, guests can escape the summer heat and relax under a tented awning with
refreshing beverages and a selection of mouthwatering bites, including Carl’s Jr., which will provide burgers on-site for press and fans as part of The Boys campaign. Cosplayers can even find a Cosplay Photography Corner within the walls of the Amazon Prime Video Experience, where a lifestyle photographer will be onsite to take professional portraits as digital takeaways.
Burgers? Beverages? A lifestyle photographer to fulfill our every Instagram influencer fantasy? We’re down with that. And it gets better: There are renderings to whet your appetite.
Bring it on, Amazon Prime Video. We are READY for this activation. Follow us on Instagram as we dive deep into Amazon’s offerings at SDCC 2019 starting on Wednesday. And if you are going to San Diego Comic-Con, check out the activation for yourself! It will be at MLK and 1st starting Thursday, July 18th through Sunday, July 21st from 9 AM to 5 PM PT.
And we’re gonna end with some details from Amazon, about Amazon:
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of digital videos —all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place.
- Included with Prime: Watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, including our critically- acclaimed Amazon Originals including the Emmy Award-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Homecoming, Hanna, Fleabag, Good Omens, Donald Glover’s Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick and Cold War, and the critically-acclaimed Beautiful Boy, exclusives, live sports and licensed and self-published content available in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
- Watch more with Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add 150+ channels in the US like HBO, Cinemax, STARZ, SHOWTIME, CBS All Access —no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and entire seasons of current TV episodes, available for all Amazon customers to rent or buy.
- Instant access: Watch where and when you want with the Prime Video app on your smart TV, mobile device, Fire TV, Fire tablet, Apple TV, game consoles, Comcast X1 or from the web. For a complete list of compatible devices, visit amazon.com/howtostream.
- Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
In addition to access to movies and TV shows included with Prime, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: amazon.com/prime.